Sunday, September 5, 2010

Close This Summer Like a Music Box Clicking Shut

What January seems to be to everyone else (besides the Chinese), September is to me: the beginning of a new year. It's the time of year I move someplace new, begin the next great job hunt, and make resolutions.

My fourth summer at Camp has ended, and I'm spending the majority of this week closing the summer like a music box clicking shut. I'm house sitting, spending the majority of my days in my underwear, eating out of a tub of Edy's Smores ice cream (with great helpings of peanut butter and caramel sauce thrown in for good measure), watching marathons of Project Runway. When I sugar crash, I take naps. When I leave the house, it's usually to walk the dog in a nearby park. But that's about all the exercise I'm getting this week.

I'm also applying for jobs. (For those that don't already know, Casey and I moved to Cape Cod last week.) In the last couple of weeks, I've applied to wrestle alligators at a used car lot, be a private investigator, as well as applying to be a life coach. I'm still waiting to hear back from all of them.

As far as September resolutions, top among them are to learn Spanish, become more involved in the community, and to become more politically aware. I also need to get back to writing that book.