Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bolos for Breakfast, Before Pounding the Providence Pavement

Bolos are Portuguese versions of the English muffin and they are delicious. I slather them with butter every morning, and then watch Lifetime for the remainder of the day; this is luxury for the unemployed in East Providence, Rhode Island.

Today however, after my nap, I drove around Providence, getting to know my new city, while stopping in at various restaurants to fill out applications. There is a burger joint that looked kind of fun...

Yesterday, Casey and I spent part of the day volunteering at the Covenant Soup Kitchen in Willimantic, Connecticut, the town which hosts my alma mater, Eastern Connecticut State University. After lunch was over, I went over to the university and finally submitted my Writing Portfolio, which means that I can now be awarded my diploma, even though (not officially) I graduated last year. I guess I won't know which year I technically graduated in until I see that diploma. It feels weird to have nothing, officially, hanging over my head anymore.

Of the jobs that I have been applying for, one would be driving an ice cream and lemonade truck all over Providence, while another job I applied for would entail constructing 50' of Connecticut stone wall on private property. I am qualified for neither of these jobs, but they both sound like fun. I think now would be a good time in my life to hold down the three simultaneous part time jobs of my dreams: Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker.

1 comment:

Taylor Killian said...

I found that book you were talking about earlier, "This Book Will Change Your Life." Amazing! I love that book. I've only done about 4 days, but it's such a fun book!

Anyway, the best of luck on your job search, I look forward to following your blog.